What does it mean to foster? Fostering is when you temporarily bring into your home a cat or two to provide food, shelter and medical care until a permanent home can be found. There are a variety of reason why we need help with fostering cats:
- Kittens who lost their mom and who need bottle feeding until they’re old enough for adoption
- Cats who are recovering from an injury or illness and need to heal before looking for a new home
- Cats who are stressed out in a shelter environment who perhaps stop eating or hides from care
- Cats who aren’t used to people or who have had bad experiences with people and need resocialization
- Sometimes we’re just out of room at the shelter and need a helping hand!
Fostering can be a rewarding experience! Whether it is rehabilitation, nursing or just getting to know a cat so you can help others appreciate their unique personality, some kitties just need extra help to live their best lives.
If you would or anyone you know would be interested in fostering a kitty or two for Beyond Nine Cat Rescue, download and fill out the Foster Application below, then give it to one of our adoption specialists at any of our locations.
For more information or questions, give us a call toll-free at (833) BEYOND-9 or (833) 239-6639, or email us at meow@BeyondNineCatRescue.org.